With Voip Pro 911 Dialing feature, we send your 911 calls to the nearest
emergency response center as determined by your address in our system.
When the center receives your call, the operator may not have your
address and phone number on hand, so you must provide that information
during your call in order to get help. Some local emergency response
centers may not have live operators 24 hours a day and if this is the
case, your call will be routed to a national emergency calling center
instead and a trained agent will contact an emergency center near you to
How to Use
- 911 Service must be ACTIVATED before it can be used.
- If you move your device to a different location, you must update
your 911 Dialing information with your new location through your web
account. Otherwise, your call may not be routed to the appropriate
emergency response center and help may be dispatched to the wrong
- If you add a line to your account you will need to activate 911 Dialing and register your location for that line as well.
- You will receive a confirmation email once 911 Dialing has been
activated for your initial location or for a newly registered location.
You will not be able to reach your local emergency response center
until we confirm that your location has been registered or updated.
Please note that it may take up to 24 hours before you received a
confirmation and your new settings to take effect.
- 911 Dialing and Voip Pro service do not function when your electrical
power is out, or when your broadband internet connection is down.
Please see our Terms of Service for more information about our 911