At Voip Pro LLC, we respect our customers' privacy. That is why we have adopted a strict model as the basis for our own
use and disclosure of our customers' personal information:
Why we collect personal information
If you are a Voip Pro LLC customer, Voip Pro LLC has some basic information about you.
We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we
collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
For example, when you apply for service, we collect information that
allows us to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can
accurately bill and collect for the products and services that you
receive from us. We may collect credit card or bank account information,
if you prefer the convenience of pre-authorized payment for services.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain
a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may
ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For
example, we will ask for your e-mail address, if you wish to pay your
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services.
For example, we look at how our customers use our products and
services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to
time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to
help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that
we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.
For example, we analyze customer usage of our networks and facilities to
help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For
example, we may collect information in response to a court order, or to
satisfy a request by the Federal
Communications Commission (the "FCC") for information about a
customer complaint and how it was resolved.
When do we disclose personal information?
There is a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some
personal information about our customers. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a person
who, in the reasonable judgement of Voip Pro LLC, is seeking the information as
an agent of the customer. For example, we may provide information about
a customer's account to the customer's legal representative if we are
satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on behalf
of the customer.
- Customer information may be shared among Voip Pro LLC business
units to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with
services from different parts of our organization.
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to:
- another telecommunications company for the efficient and cost-effective provision of telecommunications services;
- a company involved in supplying the customer with communications or communications directory related services;
- a company or individual employed by Voip Pro LLC to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing; or
- an agent used by Voip Pro LLC to evaluate the customer's credit worthiness or to collect the customer's account.
Any such disclosure of a customer's personal information outside
of Voip Pro LLC is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used
only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a credit reporting agency.
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a
public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable
judgement of Voip Pro LLC, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or
property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may
disclose customers' personal information to our program partners, or to
third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or
programs. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the
customer's express consent.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, Voip Pro LLC:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for
any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and
disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above.
However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us.
Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to
collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail
marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products,
services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- Telephone directory publisher such as, YellowPages™, makes
available lists of published names, addresses and phone numbers to
selected organizations for a fee. You may choose to be excluded from
these lists (non-published names, addresses and phone numbers are
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You
may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or
contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case,
this may limit our ability to serve you.
This Policy describes Voip Pro LLC's collection, use and/or disclosure of
personal information. It governs the behavior of employees and agents
acting on Voip Pro LLC's behalf when dealing with personal information. It
provides procedures for an individual's access to and correction of
Personal information includes information about an identifiable
individual, presented in any form, such as: age, name, ID number(s),
income, ethnic origin, opinions, evaluations, social status,
disciplinary actions, credit records, loan records, medical records.
Personal information does not include the name, title, address and telephone number of an employee of an organization.